Rise up this mornin', smiled at the risin' sun,
three little birds pitch by my doorstep,
singin' sweet songs of melodies pure and true,

sayin' "This is my message to you-ou-ou-ou-"
~Bob Marley

Monday, April 4, 2011

What's your prediction?

So, today the placement officer told us that she was sending our resumes to a specific country for consideration due to our "unique skill sets." She said that our work would likely be in a "more urban setting, working with governmental counterparts", and to expect communication from the country office for an interview. Our new nomination is for Central/South America working in Agriculture /Environmental education with a new departure date in August or September. Where do you think we are headed?

2 comments:

  1. From what I have heard, Mexico is a country that asks for people with specific skill sets for very certain jobs rather than more generalized. Also, you usually work with NGOs who want people with certain skills. I would guess there, but you never really know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    I am very excited for you two! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I tried to respond earlier but I guess the comment did not go through. If you ever have any questions about the Peace Corps please feel free to email me at 1judy.alvarez@gail.com!

    Saludos,
    judy

    ReplyDelete